Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)
The Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) indicates the expected arrival time that Track & trace calculates every few minutes for non-delivered and non-canceled orders en route. The forecast is made based on the current data about traffic and road conditions.
Mandatory conditions for calculating the ETA:
- The coordinates are received from the courier.
- The courier moves along the route in accordance with the order delivery sequence.
The ETA calculation results affect:
- When SMS notifications are sent to customers (for more information, see Set up SMS notifications).
- The logic of generating events in the order notification API.
The ETA calculation type depends on when the notification was created.
In the Logistics Coordinator Workplace interface, the ETA value is displayed on pages of different types:
- Open Track & trace → Dashboard and select a route.
- Scroll down the page to the table with orders and find the Delivery time column.
- Select Track & trace → Orders.
- Scroll to the right of the order table to the Delivery time column.
- Select Reports → Courier performance report.
- Scroll to the right of the report table to the The order is delivered (or canceled) column.
Customers can find the ETA value in the widget via a link like
https://yandex.ru/courier/tracking/<tracking ID>. For more information, see Client widget.
Using the API
You can get the order ETA by sending a request to the order-info resource.