Detecting visits to route locations
Visits to route locations (orders and depots) are detected automatically. This function serves to identify violations in the order delivery sequence (if the Delivery by order statuses option is disabled) and enables automatic delivery detection.
For depots, visit detection works only if depot export to Track & Trace is set up or if the depots are added to routes as separate locations via the API (
depot). For more information, see Courier visits to the depot.
- Detection radius, m
- The company default is 500 m. You can enter a different value in the company settings (only when automatic delivery detection is enabled) or by contacting support (if you don't want to enable automatic delivery detection).
If you need to set a radius for each order (different from the company setting), use the
mark_delivered_radiusparameter in the API method for creating one or multiple orders.
The radius for depot visit detection (different from the company setting) can be set in the interface in the company settings or using the API method and
mark_delivered_radiusparameter when creating one or multiple depots.
- Detection coefficient
- The default value is 0.5. You can enter a different value in the company settings (only when automatic delivery detection is enabled) or by contacting support (if you don't want to enable automatic delivery detection).
- Time spent in radius for successful visit detection, s
A visit is detected after the courier spendsuninterrupted seconds in the detection radius (in the delivery area).Note.
If the time parameter is not specified, a visit is detected when the courier enters the radius.
To calculate the time when the courier is in the delivery area for a particular order, the following formula is used:
- is the detection coefficient.
- is the handling time for the order
- is the handling time at the location
In case of a depot, the calculation uses the loading/unloading time
service_duration_s. You can also set this value through the API method for creating one or multiple depots. You need to set this parameter if you're using depot detection.
- Dependence on ETA calculation
The moment when a visit is detected depends on the ETA calculation method:
arrival_time: seconds after the courier enters the delivery area.
delivery_time: seconds after the start of delivery, but not before the delivery window.
Visit detection time
A visit to a location is determined by the time on the courier's device.
Let's say the courier visited the delivery location at 5:00 PM, but then their device went offline and came back only at 5:10 PM. This means the routing workspace will show the manager that at 5:05 there was no visit to the location. But at 5:10, when the internet connection was back up and the device transmitted data to the Track & Trace server, they'll see that the location was visited as 5:00.